Cougar - Summer, Grand Canyon, Arizona
Arizona’s Grand Canyon National Park offers ideal habitat for cougars: shade to escape the heat, rugged terrain in which to ambush prey and nooks to eat carcasses in private. Typically solitary, males and females travel together only during the few days out of the year when they are mating.
Cougars are sometimes called mountain lions, although they are not closely related to lions in Africa. They are also called pumas, Florida panthers, catamounts and painters.
Interface: People, Machines, Design Sydney’s Powerhouse Museum
- 2+7 Telephone. Designed by Marcello Nizzoli, made by SAFNAT, Italy, 1958.
- Regency TR-1 pocket-sized radio. Designed by Teague & Petertil, made by Texas Instruments and Industrial Development Engineering Associates (IDEA), USA, 1954.
- The Blickensderfer 6 portable typewriter. Designed by George Canfield Blickendsderfer, USA, 1906.
- The Olivetti Valentine typewriter, designed by Ettore Sottsass and Perry King, made by Olivetti, Italy, 1969.
- Divisumma 18 portable calculator, designed by Mario Bellini, made by Olivetti, Italy, 1973.
- Macintosh Icons. Designed by Susan Kare, made by Apple Computer Inc, USA, 1984.
- IPOD Digital Media Player. Designed by Jonathan Ive, made by Apple Computer Inc, USA, 2001.
“This exhibition examines how design has been applied to information technology products; and about how a handful of companies made complicated technology appealing and easy to use. It is also about the visionaries who started some of the great consumer product companies of the 20th century and how the designers and engineers they hired found a means of imparting their ideals into the products they designed.”
The video this is from is even better because there’s like five minutes of video of these dogs and then at the very end this happens and you hear a little “Frrt” and the dog makes that face and it just